FREE MOVIE NIGHT IS THIS THURSDAY! Gates open at 6. We will be showing Lego Movie, Frozen, Catching Fire and Ride Along. WILL YOU BE THERE?!!?!?!?!https://www.facebook.com/
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Friday, November 22, 2013
This year we are participating in a hassle-free fundraiser called Shoparoo. Nationwide, 7,000+ schools are already fundraising through Shoparoo and we see it as great opportunity for us to make a difference this year.
All you need to do is take pictures of your grocery receipts with the Shoparoo app made for your smartphone. It doesn’t matter where you shop or what you buy - every receipt submitted results in a donation to our school!
So, what are you waiting for? Simply download the free app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store by searching ‘shoparoo’ and then select our school as your chosen cause. Since there is no limit to how much money we can raise with Shoparoo, be sure to invite your friends and neighbors to join in – every receipt counts!
Thursday, November 14, 2013
A Star Party is a ***FREE*** event in which astronomers from the SJ Astronomical Assoc. come to our school with telescopes to view the night skies. They also tell us what we are observing and provide explanations.
When is it?
Thursday, November 21st @ 6:45 pm
Things to remember
· Leave flashlights, lighted toys, or rings at home. As your eyes adjust to the dark, you'll be able to see well. Many astronomical objects are rather faint, and you need to get acclimated to the dark. No flash photography please.
· Bring warm clothes -- a sweater or jacket, as the air cools quickly after dark.
· Don't carry food and drinks around the scopes. Spills are a problem for the scopes and also for those around them -- it's no fun walking around in sticky shoes.
· Be careful not to touch the telescopes, especially the eyepiece where you look in. They move very easily and will lose our target. Just hang onto the stepladder with both hands.
· Toddlers are too young to understand how to look into telescopes, nor can they make sense of what's going on. Bring them again next year, when they are old enough to climb the ladder without help.
· After we show the first group of objects, we'll move the scopes to additional objects. So, after making the rounds of the telescopes, go back again, as we may have something new. We also take requests.
Friday, November 8, 2013
The STANLEY Security Together for Safer Schools Grant Polls Are Now Open!
The school with the most votes will win a Grand Prize of $200,000 in STANLEY Security installed products and services to help secure their school. Three runners-up will receive individual prizes of $100,000 in STANLEY Security installed products and services. Each vote for a school also counts as an entry for the school to receive daily prizes, so don’t forget to vote daily through December 13th!
Vote at www.stanleysaferschools.com